Thursday, August 18, 2011

Georges Island

I feel like it's been a crazy summer, lots going on... and yet I still can't believe it's almost over.  Yesterday we were able to take a time out and have a nice family day and head to Georges Island with the kids.  It was their first time on a boat.  They loved it! Loved seeing their smiles! 




My boy especially loved exploring in the fort.  He was sure to remind us many times yesterday not to forget his flashlight!  My girl was a bit more skeptical.  Thanks to Daddy's story of the Lady in Black... a ghost story that intrigued Jack but terrified poor Abby.   (Thanks Daddy!) 




It was nice simple day as a family and some great memories for the kids. Now to get ready for the start of kindergarten, which I still cannot believe.  Enjoying the last few weeks of summer and watching my kids grow up so fast before my eyes.  : )

1 comment:

  1. How cute that he brought the flashlight! I know what you mean. I feel like the summer is nearing an end and I just want to soak it all in before it's over.

    ReplyDelete